Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Ultimate Challenge



I am now into the last 11 days of the third challenge I have participated in. Some might say that one challenge should be enough, but each time I reach a goal I expand on that and push myself further. As ironic as this sounds, each challenge has its own challenges. Over the past three challenges I have had injured ankles, an injured wrist, shin splints, been on crutches, and mental weakness. This challenge is different though. This challenge I not only have myself to guide through the 12 weeks but a bunch of amazing girls too! This time I am a trainer and I have a bunch of amazing individuals with strength beyond what you would believe, working to change themselves and their lifestyles. 

Its a hard balance, mentally preparing yourself and helping others to follow through and reach their goals. At times, while I build up my business, it sometimes means my training and energy is sacrificed, but in the end I think its worth it. Even when I am struggling mentally I have to remember, I have made so much progress to date and struggling is ok, it just means i 100% understand what my clients are going through. 






Over the past year I have changed physically and mentally. My strength comes from knowing where I have been and where I don't want to go back to mentally. I find the biggest struggle is changing my mind set to suit the changes that I have made physically. Despite the progress I make I just can't seem to get my mind to catch up. To remind myself on my side is an image to remind me that "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then". 

I hope if nothing else, through my journey I can help my clients in changing their lives, being happy with themselves and finding themselves in the process. Because weight loss is just a thing, its the journey that changes you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment